Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Garden Update 7/23/08

It's been a while since I've posted about my garden! It's doing well, I worry that all the rain we've had and are supposed to get will do something, but so far, so good.













I just added these "stakes" to the tomatoes, there are about 30 unripened greenies growing! Can't wait to taste one! I've thought about pickling a green one, but haven't met anyone who's had one before...I love pickles, would pickled tomatoes be any good?






Here you can see the cucumbers far right, the yellow squash in the middle and zuccini on far left








Yellow squash flower, is the thing below what will become the squash? Hmmm...we'll wait and see!










Zuccini plant!









I'm having a lot of fun with the garden, Alana now comes out on the grass with me when I weed...she likes to pick at the weeds in the yard...you know the ones I'm talking about! Yes, she's in love with dandelions! She likes to blow on the seeds, too cute for words!

1 comment:

Alan said...

Looks great! Been a slow summer for tomatoes. You can use the green ones in pickles, relish, or fried. (I think there is a book by that title, maybe it comes with a recipe.)

Keep on growing and blogging! We love it.